List:       aixtoolbox-list
Subject:    Re: [toolbox-l] emacs dired-mode and old files
From:       Marc Stephenson <marc () austin ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2001-03-20 12:34:24

Okay - now's your chance to use the bug reporting system on the Toolbox
project page.  Go to http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/projects/aixtoolbox,
click on the Bugs tab, and submit a problem report.  You'll then get a
confirmation request which you need to respond to in order for the bug
to transition out of the "Pending" state.

Maybe our emacs expert will look into this one before our 5.1 release.

Thanks,
Marc

> I'm seeing a problem in emacs dired-mode.  For files which are old enough
> that "ls -l" prints the year instead of the time of day, I am unable to
> manipulate these files in dired-mode.  I just get "File no longer exists".
>
> I have a feeling it has to do with the format of the date that "ls -l"
> prints, as it tends to be one column shorter when it is  the year (XXXX)
> versus the time-of-day (XX:XX).
>
> I have a slightly older version of emacs (20.4 -vs- 20.7), downloaded from
> AIX PDSlib (http://aixpdslib.seas.ucla.edu/aixpdslib.html), and it does not
> exhibit this symptom.
>
> Paul

Marc Stephenson		                          IBM Server Group - Austin, TX
Internet:  marc@austin.ibm.com                          NOTES: marcs@us.ibm.com
Phone:   512-327-5670                                              T/L 678-3189