List:       aix-l
Subject:    Re: RAM filesystems using AIX
From:       Kevin Laury <kevin.laury () TRW ! COM>
Date:       2001-01-31 20:25:08

This seems to be what we are looking for. Thanks to everyone who responded.

Regards,
Kevin Laury

Ray <ray@OPS.SELU.EDU> on 01/31/2001 01:29:59 PM

Please respond to IBM AIX Discussion List <AIX-L@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU>

 To:      AIX-L@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU

 cc:      (bcc: Kevin Laury/Nashville)

Right.  Here's an older post from this list... i tried this on my test
system and it seemed to work fine.

eliot wrote in message <2000Oct18.010306.52860@nospam>...
here's what worked for us...

mkramdisk 16384  (# of 512K blocks = 8MB in this example)

mkfs -V jfs -o "log=nointegrity,nbpi=512" /dev/ramdisk0

mount -V jfs -o nointegrity /dev/ramdisk0 /mnt

-Ray

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Kevin Laury wrote:

> That's correct on all points. The mkramdisk command  is undocumented.
Also,