List:       aix-l
Subject:    ATM Classic IP weirdness
From:       Ferenc Gyurcsan <fgyurcsa () AVAILANT ! COM>
Date:       2000-06-29 15:35:16

Hi Everybody,

I'm suffering with ATM now.
So what should work in theory, doesn't work in practice, at least not for
me.
So I have atm0 in the machine. I create at0, and the routes through at0, and
the communication is perfect, I can tcpdump, ping, etc.
BUT... if I create at1 or at4 corresponding to the same atm0, then I just
can't establish any communication. Tcpdump says that No such device, when I
create the route the ping doesn't get any packets back, etc. Could this be
an AIX problem? Anybody else experienced this behaviour?

Thanks,
--Ferenc