List:       aix-l
Subject:    /etc/cshrc not read by /bin/csh in AIX 4.2
From:       Sumitro Chowdhury <sumitro () HOTMAIL ! COM>
Date:       1999-03-31 23:03:38

AIX Helpers,

I wanted to put a "read x" statement in the /etc/cshrc of /bin/csh login
users but it is not working. (I am on AIX 4.2). I even checked with a
"echo testing...." line in /etc/cshrc but no output during login.

But the same works with /etc/profile when login shell is /bin/ksh.

Is this feature not available in AIX4.2 ?
Or is there a workaround?
All I require is after the motd message comes thru in csh login, the
screen hangs till user presses "enter" (hense the read x).
Also I donot want to edit $HOME/.cshrc for all(200) users!!

Thanks in advance.

Sumitro Chowdhury
e-mail:sumitro@hotmail.com