List:       aix-l
Subject:    Re: SP CERT Test cheater ...
From:       "Eng. Luis Eduardo Colon" <mambonet () NETINS ! NET>
Date:       1999-02-25 23:40:51

> I want to get SP Certified and have passed 3 Cert tests for AIX. I am
> trying to compile a cheat sheet for this exam.  I have the sample test > from
> IBM website and the study guide as well.  Here is my request list if you
> have taken this test and would be so garcious as to reply to this group or
> my own E-mail....
> 1.  Would you mail me specific questions you recall from the exam and the
> choices if you remember them.

Geez...i don't remember...but make sure you're confortable with IP subnetting.

> 2.  I have heard they ask a question about SAP.  We do not run this in our
> complex but my question here is do they really ask "curve-ball" questions
> like this and what other if any non-SP topics did they ask about.

Nope, they don't.  The SAP question requires no knowledge of SAP.
The test is being updated for PSSP 3.1 though.

> 3.  Any strategy for study for this would be helpful as well. Does the > test
> differ greatly from the other ones such as 161,164,166 which I have
> actually taken.

Yes.  It is considered one of the toughest (even by IBMers that took it with
me).
Its a full two hours, and it is more expensive.  There are 30 basic questions,
and then
four, 10 question scenarios, for a total of 30+10+10+10+10p questions.

I've taken the test twice and failed it both times.  The last time I failed it
by one point!!!
I'm gonna wait until they update the test for PSSP 3.1, because the PSSP 2.4
stuff
throws me for a loop.  I suggest you do the same.