List:       aix-l
Subject:    Re: Sysback 6000 problem
From:       Bill Head <bhead () NPC ! NET>
Date:       1999-02-25 21:13:55

I would have thought it was backwardly compatible but it sounds like I stand
corrected.  The only thing I can think of off hand would be to temporarily
move the tape library to a ver 3 system.  If you can't hook it up to the
server that needs the files restored (i.e., no adapter, no free slot, etc.)
you could hook it up to another ver 3 system and configure that one as a
Sysback server temporarily until you can get the files restored.  It might
also be possible to run the older version 3 of sysback on your current
Sysback server, again only until you can get the files restored.
Regardless, it's probably going to be a pain in the butt.  I would
definitely make a call to IBM before trying one of these suggestions, there
may be an easier workaround and you can at least verify whether they think
your current setup should work.  If you can get past this incident the next
thing I'd do is start working on upgrading,  3.2.5 has been out of support
for some time now.

Sorry I couldn't have been more help,
Bill