List:       aix-l
Subject:    Re: SSA cabling (more)
From:       Jason Carroll <ccjasonc () SHOWME ! MISSOURI ! EDU>
Date:       1998-12-29 14:41:39

On Tue, 29 Dec 1998, L. Martin Mihalic wrote:

> Thanks to
> "Barber, Jeffrey" <jbarber@HWFOODS.com>
> Bruno Misseeuw <brmisseeuw@ge.cokecce.com>
> for their suggestion of maymap (double thanks to Bruno for sending a copy).
>
> I should be been more clear.  I found 'maymap' but that is not what I was
> looking for.  'maymap' shows disks currently attached.  The "SSA Cable"
> tool aids in planning for a given number of disks and hosts.

There is also a product from IBM called StorX (sp??) that I think does
what you want.  It used to be free but now they charge for it so I never
actually got around to using it. I think there is a free 30 day trial
though.  You have to install the product on each RS/6000 with an SSA card
and then you run a Windows (95 only?) client that polls the servers.  I
think the latest version when I looked like 3-4 months ago was 1.1.

You can get more information from:

www.storage.ibm.com/software

I think the past name for the product was StoreWatch so you might have to
search for that also.

Jason

-- Jason Carroll                | IATS Systems and App Group  615 Locust St.
-- ccjasonc@showme.missouri.edu | Phone: 882-2000             Fax: 884-5240