List:       aix-l
Subject:    CLOSE_WAIT
From:       Adalto Silva Correia Filho <adalto () UFC ! BR>
Date:       1998-12-22 18:04:55

Dear friends,

        I've an old AIX 3.2 box that started to have some kind of problems
in starting inetd daemons. Reboots seemed to be useless.

        I just can't get to use any service that is configured and started
by inetd.conf. The netstat -na shows me that the state of the connection
is: CLOSE_WAIT , and it stays there forever. This happens with ftpd,
telnetd, and all others that I've tested.

        Do you know what could be possibly wrong (or corrupted) ?
        Thanks for any answers.

Regards,
Adalto S. Correia Filho