List:       aix-l
Subject:    memory usage
From:       Daniel Casey <jistdc1 () FIREMAIL ! JBHUNT ! COM>
Date:       1998-07-09 19:35:12

Does vmstat give me real memory and page space utilization.  I have
tried to interpret the man page for vmstat and it says it reports
about virtual memory (not sure exactly what this is).

I have tried to use the monitor utility, but I have had problems with
it eating up the CPU.  Anything 'built-in' to AIX that can give me
real memory and page space information?

I know that lsps -a can give me some some space information, but I
question it's accuracy.

My overall goal is to see if I am memory bound.  I am using sar to
monitor the CPU.

Thanks,

Daniel
jistdc1@mail.jbhunt.com