List:       aix-l
Subject:    installp/inusave problem
From:       Jorge Barrios <jorgeb () CONTENTGROUP ! COM>
Date:       1998-06-25 22:44:47

oslevel  4.2.1.0

---------------------------------
installp:  APPLYING software for:
     xlC.C 3.1.4.7

0503-038 inusave: not enough parameters where included in the command line.

Usage: inusave listfile package

I am trying to apply some patches to our 'new' AIX machine (J50), and
running smit gives me the above error. I have searched around and found no
reference to this problem. There is one posting on service.boulder.ibm.com
that sounds similar to this problem, but there is no fix suggested beyond
saying there is something about some file links elsewhere in the system.

Has someone here come across this problem before? Help is appreciated it.

Jorge