List:       aix-l
Subject:    Re: general query on the PP size
From:       TONY SCALZONE <tscalz1 () OIT ! SI ! EDU>
Date:       1998-06-25 12:35:58

  The last notes I have on physical partition size say that the maximum number o
 f PP's on a physical volume is 1016.  When I do the arithmetic I see tht I won'
 t be able to use the whole disk if it is greater than, what?, 4G? if I have 4M
 PP's.  The notes also say that the max partition size is 256M, that there may b
 e as many as 32 physical volumes in a volume group, and that it is stupid to do
  so because recovery is something that will make you old before your time.