List:       aix-l
Subject:    Re: recovering from tape backup
From:       Heiko Weber <hweber () RHSO ! DE>
Date:       1998-03-26 7:55:09

John,

in most cases the mksysb tape alone should be sufficient --- but what
Model of RS/6000 are we talking about? I think there are a few models
that do not support booting from tape?!

The standard procedure is:
 - insert tape into drive
 - perform a service boot
 - follow the menus ...
How far do you get in this procedure? Where do problems occour?

HTH
Heiko