List:       aix-l
Subject:    configuring modem
From:       Daniel Casey <jistdc1 () FIREMAIL ! JBHUNT ! COM>
Date:       1998-03-25 17:31:10

OS = 4.2.1

Not sure what the correct steps are to setup a modem, but this
is what I've have.

sa2     Available 00-04     8-Port Asynchronous Adapter EIA-232

I defined tty1 through SMIT with Parent adapter sa2 and port 0.

What else needs to be done in /etc/inittab?  Also, when I do a
penable or pdisable on tty1 I get the following error message:

0481-053 No action was taken.

I'm trying to set this up so that one of our vendors is able to
dial in and perform software support.

TIA

Daniel
jistdc1@mail.jbhunt.com