List:       aix-l
Subject:    Re: Modem connection to the serial port.
From:       Mark Parr <markp () E9 ! COM>
Date:       1997-05-28 13:30:33

We use USR Sportsters for our dialin modems at the office and at customer
sites.  I use the following entries in the Dialers file:

sport           =,-,    "" \datq0\r\c OK\r atdt\T\r\c CONNECT

sportset        =,-,    "" \datq0\r\c OK\r at&f\r\c OK\r
atx4&a3&b1&h1&r2s2=128s13=001s0=1\r\c OK\r at&w\r\c OK\r

sportset28      =,-,    "" \datq0\r\c OK\r at&f\r\c OK\r
atx4&a3&b1&h1&r2s2=128s13=001s0=1&s1s13=1\r\c OK\r at&w\r\c OK\r

and would make the Devices file look like:

ACU tty0 - Any sport

Set the modem switches to everything up and then 6 & 8 down.  Turn it own
and do a "cu sportset" or "cu sportset28" (for a 28.8 or greater modem).
 This will set the modem internal settings and store them.

For the new machines I've found that I have to leave 6 down but on older
setups I have set 6 up and left 8 down.

If it's a courier modem let me know, I have those settings for a 14.4
around someplace.