List:       aix-l
Subject:    System V Printing Issues
From:       "Hess, Marcus" <MarcusHess () FEDEX ! COM>
Date:       2009-08-05 8:59:00

All,

We've recently migrated to AIX 6.1 and we're using the System V Printing
subsystem (lpsched).

For the last few days, the lpsched seems to randomly stop (lpsched log
shows no abnormalities, it just says:

Wed Aug  5 09:16:45 2009: UX:lpsched: INFO: The network process has
terminated.
Wed Aug  5 09:16:45 2009: UX:lpsched: INFO: Print services stopped.

The result is that noone can print until I start the lpsched again.

Does anyone have any idea why lpsched might stop in the first place, or
how I could enable some debugging on this?

Errpt shows no errors, either. It really seems lpsched is going down
gracefully, as if I'd have issues a lpshut.

Very strange, that....

Many thanks in advance, and Best regards,

Marcus Hess
Systems Administrator

Important

Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily \
represent those of FedEx UK Ltd and/or it's associated Franchises. This e-mail is \
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it was \
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received \
this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying \
of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Please reply to this e-mail highlighting the \
error and then delete it from your system.

Security: Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that \
Internet e-mail is not 100% secure.

Viruses: Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are \
free from any virus we do not accept any responsibility once this e-mail has been \
transmitted and we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient \
should ensure they are actually virus free. No contract may be concluded on behalf of \
FedEx UK Ltd and/or it's associated Franchises by e-mail.

If you have received this e-mail in error please notify FedEx UK Ltd on +44 (0) 1782 \
563322 or <mailto: ukpostmaster@fedex.com>