List:       aix-l
Subject:    Re: lpar for p670
From:       Enrique Sanchez Vela <esanchezvela () YAHOO ! COM>
Date:       2006-06-29 6:12:18

--- "N. Leenders" <nadine@UALBERTA.CA> wrote:
> > Also, on
> > a P5 processor you can choose the boot mode from
> the HMC when you boot
> > forcing SMS.
>
> So you are saying, I can get rid of the lpar for
> booting into SMS?
>
> Thanks for the help,
>   - Nadine

this is not a feature exclusive of the p5 systems, it
works on p4 as well.

to make things easier for us, we have defined 2
profiles per LPAR, each profile has the LPAR name with
a -normal or -sms suffix (being the -normal one the
default profile), then we activate the desired one
depending on what needs to be done on the server.

You can define the boot mode on the "Other" tab of the
Profile properties.

regards,
Enrique.

Enrique Sanchez Vela