List:       aix-l
Subject:    Re: Genucode? (SOLVED)
From:       Dave Zarnoch <zarnocd () NATIONWIDEPROVIDENT ! COM>
Date:       2006-04-27 13:06:55

Actually, I read the "readme.last" file and saw this:

The GENUCODE package is available from the IBM WEB site:
http://www.rs6000.ibm.com/support/micro/download.html

Sorry to waste your time

> 0(

Dave Zarnoch
Nationwide Provident
zarnocd@nationwideprovident.com
W 302-452-4197
C  302-462-8703

                                                                                      \

                      Soós Zoltán                                                     \

                      <soos.zoltan@GMAI        To:       aix-l@Princeton.EDU          \

                      L.COM>                   cc:                                    \

                      Sent by: IBM AIX         Subject:  Re: Genucode?                \

                      Discussion List                                                 \

                      <aix-l@Princeton.                                               \

                      EDU>                                                            \

                                                                                      \

                                                                                      \

                      04/27/2006 08:32                                                \

                      AM                                                              \

                      Please respond to                                               \

                      IBM AIX                                                         \

                      Discussion List                                                 \

                                                                                      \

                                                                                      \

Yes, that's what it does. Here's what diag says about this:

The service aid restores a program named 'genucode' that has been written
with the 'tar' command.  The program will be restored to /tmp.

Maybe that is what you should do too. Try "file <filename>" and if it
is a tar format archive try "tar -xvf <filename>" and see if there is
a file named genucode amongst the unpacked files. There may also be a
README. Just guessing.

Regards,
Zoltan

aix-l@Princeton.EDU