List:       aix-l
Subject:    Re: ssaidentify problems
From:       Zoltán_Vad <zoltan.vad () GMAIL ! COM>
Date:       2005-12-22 21:29:39

Hi Dave,

2005/12/22, Dave Zarnoch <zarnocd@nationwideprovident.com>:
> Folks,
>
> I have a bad pdisk in one of my 2 SSA drawers
>
> I know the pdisk number but when I run:
>
> ssaidentify -lpdisk27 -y
>
> To light up the bad drive I get
>
> "hardware failure"

Really bad news, the pdisk27 controller circuit is dead so running the
ssaidentify command without any visual effect...
You can query pdiskN related information from the system and you can
identify the bad disk based on the disk serial number.

to show connection path
ssaconn -l pdisk0 -a ssa0
                                        A1      A2     B1     B2
pdisk0               ssa0        0        7        -        -
to show serial number
lscfg -l pdisk0
pdisk0           P2-I1-W6294F47CC00D  9.1GB SSA C Physical Disk Drive

The 'P2-I1' identify the ssaX adapter and the loop .... etc.
'6294F47CC' is the ssa disk serial number.  The serial number readable
without remove the disk from the ssa drawer. Look into the ssa drawer
front/rear side and you will see the disks serial numbers.

And the 'I1' denote the disk slot physical position in the drawer.
(I1-I4 I5-I8 front and i9-I12 I13-I16 are on the rear side.)

I hope this help.
Zoltan