List:       aix-l
Subject:    Re: AIX datacenter politics
From:       Jonathan Fosburgh <syjef () MAIL ! MDANDERSON ! ORG>
Date:       2005-07-18 20:37:27

On Monday 18 July 2005 15:08, PJ Humble wrote:

> Our business leaders (ahem!) want us to treat Development the same way we
> treat Production... Meaning, MLs shall only be applied to Dev servers after
> hours, and during the pre-defined (prod rules here) maintenance windows.

We are a major hospital, a 24x7 operation, and even though our application
owners would like otherwise, if it isn't production we push very hard to do
maintenance during business hours. Now, we may have to delay based on work
being done, but it is rare that we absolutely cannot take non-production
systems down during the day at some point, it may just not be for a few
weeks.

--
Jonathan Fosburgh
AIX and Storage Administrator