List:       aix-l
Subject:    Re: Package bos.64bit
From:       "Green, Simon" <Simon.Green () EU ! ALTRIA ! COM>
Date:       2005-06-30 15:40:21

To install from the CD, simply load the CD in the drive, then go to smitty
installp, select /dev/cd0 as the source, then select bos.64bit from the list
of available software.  bos.64bit should be on CD 1, but if it is not you
should be prompted to mount the correct CD.

Alternatively, you can do it at the command line:
installp -c -d /dev/cd0 -g bos.64bit
You could also add the "-p" flag to do a preview, first.

I don't think you'll need to reboot just for that, although you will, of
course, when you want to use it.
--
Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe s.a.r.l.

AIX-L Archive at https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html
New to AIX? http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/redbooks.nsf/portals/UNIX

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.
Please post all follow-ups to the list.