List:       aix-l
Subject:    Re: HACMP question about clsmuxpd and snmp
From:       Drew Myers <myersd () VANGUARDCAR ! COM>
Date:       2004-02-26 19:51:50

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 04:41:10PM -0300, Edson Noboru Yamada wrote:
> My questions are:
>
> a) Is clsmuxpd that important? What do I exactly loose if
> I dont run this daemon?
>
> b) Any suggestions to overcome this problem ?

Noboru,

I have a 4.3.3 system running HACMP 4.3, where I experienced the same problem.  The \
only functionality I've found that uses the SNMP daemon is clstat.  I also use \
net-snmp to gather performance statistics, and the best solution I found, was to \
change the port the native snmpd uses.  As a result I run 2 SNMP daemons \
concurrently.  Perhaps this is a workable solution for you.

Drew