List:       aix-l
Subject:    Re: GXT130P Graphics Adapter on 43P 150
From:       cbaker () GOODYEAR ! COM
Date:       2002-05-31 18:42:18

Jim,

Turn of the RS/6k and unplug the keyboard.
Turn the workstation back on and let it die for lack of a keyboard.
Turn the workstation off again and plug in the keyboard.
Turn the workstation back on and see if you get the screen that asks you to
hit the F1 or Num. 1 key to select this monitor as the console.  (Might be
F2/#2 key).

If you got that far, you had a different console defined in your boot ROM
and thus it was not using the "correct" display until AIX booted and told
it which one to use.  If this was your problem and you did see the question
to pick your console, than you should now see the boot-up graphics and
should be able to enter SMS via the F1 key or Diagnostics via the F5 key.
(If you hit those at the proper time in the boot icon sequence.

Christopher M. Baker
Senior Technical Support Analyst
DSE/TCO
Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information.
May not be copied or disseminated without the expressed
written consent of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company.

                    "Naylor, Jim"
                    <Jnaylor@SCHN        To:     aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                    UCKS.COM>            cc:
                    Sent by: IBM         Subject:     GXT130P Graphics Adapter on 43P 150
                    AIX
                    Discussion
                    List
                    <aix-l@Prince
                    ton.EDU>

                    05/31/2002
                    02:10 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    IBM AIX
                    Discussion
                    List

Good Day All,
We just received 12 new 43P 150 systems with the GXT130P Graphics Adapter.
I hook up a brand new Optiquest monitor to it but it never displays the
screen that shows the icons for testing memory scsi and so forth.  This is
the point that you would hit the F1 key or F5 or F6 key to go into
maintenance modes.  Once it boots up to multi-user mode the graphics are
all
displayed fine.  I installed a KDS Flat Screen monitor on the same system
and this diagnostic screen displays fine and I can get into the maintenance
areas.  I have seen this same problems on several different types of new
monitors.  Any idea what is going on?

Thanks,

Jim Naylor
Unix Systems Administrator