List:       aix-l
Subject:    Re: Disabling root access
From:       Bruce Harvey <BruceH () ROUTESCAPE ! COM>
Date:       2002-05-31 15:13:20

Actually, that will do somewhat the reverse and not disable any root logins
... enabling ONLY root to log in, not even users by another name with the
UID of 0.  And when they try, whatever text is in the /etc/nologin file is
displayed as the reason.  Plus, it's deleted upon the next boot.

Bruce T. Harvey, Special Projects -- Insight/COAXIS
IBM Certified:  AIX 4.3 Systems Support
http://www.routescape.com ... bruceh@routescape.com