List:       aic7xxx
Subject:    Re: aic7xxx problems, again
From:       "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs () scsiguy ! com>
Date:       2003-08-04 19:40:03

> Hello,
>
> I'm having problems with a Adaptec AIC-7892A SCSI adapter
> under kernels >=2.4.19.
> It seems to be a common issue, symptoms being error messages
>
> scsi0: PCI error Interrupt at seqaddr = <random address>
> scsi0: Data Parity Error Detected during address or write data phase

These messages will stop being reported after a bit with the latest
driver.  They indicate that some device in your system is sending
corrupted transactions across the PCI bus.  One user was able to
narrow this down to a particular NIC and NIC driver in their system,
but the details are lost on me at the moment.  The latest driver
is 6.2.36 which you should be able to compile from source from
here:

http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gibbs/linux/SRC/

The messages, while annoying, are typically harmless, but you
might want to try and figure out what in your system is behaving
so poorly.

> and (infrequent) _lockups_ during heavy IO.

Have you tried using the NMI watchdog feature to try and determine
the source of these errors?

--
Justin