List:       aic7xxx
Subject:    conflict between onboard SCSI and 2940U2W
From:       "Bruce Ackman" <bjackm () mindspring ! com>
Date:       2000-03-30 4:42:06

I'm using an Intel XXpress server motherboard that has an aic-7870
controller onboard.  I want to use the 2940U2W controller, but I cant get
Linux installed.  The installation freezes at "Loading aic-7xxx driver".
The CD-ROM and hard drive access lights flash and nothing else happens.
When I pull the 2940U2W out and throw an old SCSI-2 hard drive onto the
onboard 7870, I don't have any problem.

If any body knows how to disable the onboard controller (disabling "Scan
onboard Bios" does'nt help) or make them live together nicely, I'd be a
happy camper again.

I suspect they're both trying to use IRQ 10.  msd reports that 10 is
"reserved" and I know that the 2940U2W is using it.

Bruce Ackman
bjackm@mindspring.com