List:       afripv6-discuss
Subject:    Re: [afripv6-discuss] IPv6 netmask on multi-access network segments
From:       Nishal Goburdhan <ndg () ieee ! org>
Date:       2014-02-10 11:12:41

On 09 Feb 2014, at 12:21 PM, Philip Smith <pfsinoz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Warwick,
>
> Was there anything wrong with /127 for ptp links as recommended in
> http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6164.txt - most recent deployments I've
> seen use this (reserving the /64 for the subnet, but addressing it as a
> /127).

about the only time that i saw this not working was with some mikrotik gear (which is \
in common use here). this was during a class we were teaching in CPT;  i forget the \
actual version of RouterOS. /126 worked ok.  and the operator, seemed happier with \
that (presumably it made sense looking at it from the "IPv4 mindset"

perhaps, someone with some RouterOS clue can suggest to the list, a stable+working \
version of RouterOS that supports this ?

my ISP at home uses /126 - manually configured, but i'm told their IPv6 solution \
isn't commercial yet.   i know that their parent_co uses this in the northern \
hemisphere, so i'm guessing it was a simple decision ... ;-)

afripv6-discuss mailing list
afripv6-discuss@afrinic.net