List:       afrinic-announce
Subject:    [AFRINIC-Announce] Internet Routing Registry Training Workshop taking place on 27 and 28 May in Nair
From:       AFRINIC Communication <comm-announce () afrinic ! net>
Date:       2017-05-05 13:40:42

Dear Colleagues,
 =

We are pleased to announce AFRINIC=92s first two-day workshop on the Intern=
et Routing Registry (IRR) that will take place on 27th and 28th May 2017 du=
ring AIS'17 in Nairobi, Kenya. The course attempts to sensitise network eng=
ineers about the importance and benefits of the Internet Routing Registry w=
hich plays a critical role in ensuring consistency and stability of interne=
t-wide routing.
 =

At the end of the two-day workshop, participants will:
 =

1.         Understand and be able create routing registry objects in the AF=
RINIC IRR database
2.         Understand routing policies and describe them using Routing Poli=
cy Specification Language (RPSL)
3.         Be able to configure routers based on information in the IRR
4.         And much more
 =

The target audience for the workshop includes Network Engineers/Administrat=
ors from Internet Service Providers (ISP) and enterprises that are our reso=
urce members.
 =

Registration form for the workshop is available at  http://learn.afrinic.ne=
t/trp1/node/77/
 =

We look forward to receiving your application.
 =

 =

AFRINIC Training Team