List:       afnog
Subject:    [afnog] AIS16 - power plugs
From:       Geert Jan de Groot <GeertJan.deGroot () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2016-05-31 14:55:50

Hi folks,

For people planning to travel to Gaborone for the AIS meeting:
Please do bring travel adapters. Botswana uses type-M
plugs ("old english thick-round-pin", see wikipedia for details);
the hotel uses type-M and a lot of type-G (bs-1363 / "square pin")
and at some places type-F ("Schuko") is used.

Please do understand that we are not able to provide
travel adapters; in extreme cases we may have a few
plugs left but they would require cutting the current
plug off.

You may also find that bringing a power extension
may be desirable.

It is each traveller's own responsability to make sure
that equipment can be plugged in.

For the NOC team,

Geert Jan