List:       adsm-l
Subject:    Re: TSM4VE storage pools
From:       Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts () GMAIL ! COM>
Date:       2019-10-07 9:35:33

Sorry Chris, I missed your last question.
When you don't have the VMMC option set that data goes to the storagepool
set as target in the default management class.
When you include a VM to a specific management class in the datamover .opt
file all backups of that VM that run via that .opt file will send their
data to that include.vm management class.
If you have scripting or whatever that uses a different .opt the rules in
that .opt file will be used.

I would advise you to send all data of a VM to a single MC except for the
metadata, you want that to be on disk.
And please don't do incremental forever to tape, that's impossible to
restore.

Regards,
   Stefan