List:       adsm-l
Subject:    Re: Restoring from really old TSM clients
From:       Bill Smoldt <smoldt () STORSERVER ! COM>
Date:       2016-07-27 20:54:34

I don't know if it's of interest to you, Zoltan, but I keep a demo VM of WFW3.11 \
around with an ADSM 2.1.0.8 client.  I backup and restore it using a TSM 7.1.6.0 \
server with deduplicated container pools with no problem.  It's fun to show this to \
prospects to demonstrate unsupported compatibility.  I'd restore C: and make another \
drive bootable if I could remember how to make one show up in File Manager.

The WFW also runs AOL Instant messenger and I can log onto my old AOL user account.

Browsing with Netscape Navigator doesn't work well on any website so I'm not going \
back to WFW as my desktop any time soon.

Bill Smoldt