List:       adsm-l
Subject:    Antwort: including/excluding vms from backups administration usability
From:       Markus Engelhard <markus.engelhard () BUNDESBANK ! DE>
Date:       2015-05-20 5:48:08

Dear all,

thanks for the feedback and great solutions! @Del, that was exactly the=

RFE, so the vote has increased by 1. Should be doable with limited
resources, as it is displayed as a list in the GUI and the syntax is th=
ere
as in exclude.vmdisk, so please dont=B4t reject it.
Using vmfolders is a great option, as long as the VM admins / deploymen=
staff agree to manage these. Would also be easy in the deployment workf=
low,
as my admins would not have to actively manage the configuration, just
check the backups.
Thanks for the nice description! I will certainly discuss this as a nea=
solution.
Flagging vms won=B4t be doable in our environment of 2-3k vms already
deployed. Still a good idea, putting meaning to names and using convent=
ions
has always made life easier in administration.

So thanks again to all who contribute to the list!

Markus

=