List:       adsm-l
Subject:    TSM 6.2.3 node backup I/O statistics
From:       "Vandeventer, Harold [BS]" <Harold.Vandeventer () DA ! KS ! GOV>
Date:       2011-11-18 20:46:33

I've run into a problem on TSM 6.2.3 on Windows 2008 R2.  32 GB RAM, 4 6-co=
re processors.

Issue: node backup statistics USED to report in the range of 2,000 KB/sec t=
o 10,000 KB/sec night after night for all nodes.

For the last few weeks, the rate is consistently less than 200 KB/sec; nigh=
t after night.

Daytime tests are also 200 KB/sec or less, when no other server-side work (=
reclaim, dedup, table re-org, db backup) is running.

I've swapped network interfaces at the server, changed switch ports, change=
d switches, confirmed the ports are at 1 Gbps/full.  Rebooted at least 5 ti=
mes.

V 6.2.3 was installed 4 weeks before the performance drop.

A backup of a 14 GB file now takes about 90 minutes, but I can copy that sa=
me 14 GB file to the server in less than 2 minutes.

I don't see any related TSM interim fixes.  IC76984 is related to nodes get=
ting hung and not completing , but backups are successful in my case; just =
extremely slow.

Some Windows security patches have been installed, forced by our security t=
eam.

Anyone else seeing similar behavior?  I'm preparing to open a PMR.