List:       adsm-l
Subject:    Starting lmcpd under redhat enterprise linux v6
From:       "Lee, Gary D." <GLEE () BSU ! EDU>
Date:       2011-04-20 13:22:21

Just figured out why I couldn't communicate with our 3494 library from the new tsm \
server I am building. Apparently redhat enterprise v6 no longer reads /etc/inittab on \
startup.

Before I re-invent the wheel, has anyone got a startup script for lmcpd to fit in the \
standard file structure in /etc/init.d and subdirs?

Also, I just submitted a comment to IBM to move their installs for lmcpd and the db2 \
monitor portion of tsm into this century, and not default to /etc/inittab.

Thanks for any guidance or assistance you may have.

Gary Lee
Senior System Programmer
Ball State University
phone: 765-285-1310