List:       adsm-l
Subject:    Re: Page address mismatch ANR0207E
From:       Roger Perkins <rlp01 () IBM ! NET>
Date:       1999-08-31 2:43:31

Mauro,
I tried to create a second mirror copy of the DB with the intent of reformatting the \
defective DB copy to get rid of the errors.  However, as soon as I executed DSMFMT, \
the first physical hard drive in the system went south, never to be seen again!  So, \
as you guessed, the HD was indeed damaged.  Now, after many hours of work, the system \
is back nearly 100%.  Fortunately, after this server locked up in June, I restored \
the boot partition to a subdirectory on the second physical drive as insurance.  Once \
I got the new drive fdisked, and formatted, all I had to do was an xcopy, and the OS \
was fully restored.  That was the easy part!  The hard part was caused by the VOLHIST \
backup file being on the now-defunct hard drive... :)

Thanks for the help!

Roger Perkins