List:       adsm-l
Subject:    Re: SQL Agent question
From:       "Morlier, John" <jmmorlier () AVONDALE ! COM>
Date:       1999-04-29 14:43:45

        I do not use the Connect Agent for SQL, but regarding EXCLUDE Lists:

                The options.wri file at the client documents all the OPT
parameters and provides examples, although I have not seen any for
INCLUDES/EXCLUDES  for WINDOWS platforms.  A manual named Using the
Microsoft Windows Backup-Archive Clients  is available from the website. You
can download it for free. The one I have is for version 2. I need to check
and see if there is a version 3 copy out there. This manual has a
recommended EXCLUDE list for Windows platforms on page 85.  I have a
standard EXCLUDE list that I use for all my NT clients. I have  added the
recommended list to my list recently with no adverse effects. The following
is my standard NT platform EXCLUDE list:
Exclude ?:\...\*.swp                            from page 85 in manual
referenced above
Exclude ?:\...\win386.swp                       from page 85 in manual
referenced above
Exclude C:\ibmbio.com                   from page 85 in manual referenced
above
Exclude ?:\ibmdos.com                   from page 85 in manual referenced
above
Exclude ?:\msdos.sys                    from page 85 in manual referenced
above
Exclude ?:\msdos.com                    from page 85 in manual referenced
above
Exclude ?:\...\386spart.par             from page 85 in manual referenced
above
Exclude ?:\...\*.par                            from page 85 in manual
referenced above
Exclude ?:\...\dblspace.*                       from page 85 in manual
referenced above
Exclude *:\...\pagefile.sys
Exclude *:\...\*.tmp
Exclude *:\...\NTUSER.DAT
Exclude *:\...\ntuser.dat.log
Exclude *:\...\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\*.*
Exclude *:\...\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\...\*
Exclude D:\pagefile.sys

        I do not have any INCLUDE statements.  I use the DOMAIN statement to
limit my backup.
John

John Morlier
Manager of Technical Services and Operations Support
, Integrated Product Data Environment

Avondale Industries, Inc.
IPDE Technology Division

%   Voice: (504) 436-5213