List:       adsm-l
Subject:    Re: Multiple scheduler services on Win NT
From:       Kenton Maguire <Kent_Maguire () ALLIANZLIFE ! COM>
Date:       1998-10-29 16:47:32

John,

We too are running dual scheduling services and additionally, utilizing
separate option files for each.  We maintain separate dsmshced.log and
dsmerror.log files
for each service.  No problem.

- Kenton

Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley@BANKERSTRUST.COM.AU> on 10/28/98 05:17:10 PM

Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU>

To:   ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU
cc:    (bcc: Kent Maguire/allianzlife)

Hi John,

Sure will. All of our NT servers run with two scheduler services although
they use the same options file. It is best to use at least client 3.1.0.3
(I
think) because that also allows you to specify different log file names for
each instance of the service.

Trevor