List:       adsm-l
Subject:    Re: Backup Throughput
From:       Bob Thornton <bobt () NETNET ! NET>
Date:       1996-01-26 0:18:11

Bob Thornton wrote:

> Also, is there a listing of the versions of the Novell NLM's that were used when \
> testing Adsm with Novell 4.1 (clib, mathlib, tsands, etc.)?
>
> Thanks ........ Bobt

    I sort of found the answer to this part of my original question.  Novell has \
available the answer to this on their Network Support Encyclopedia (Jan 1996).  The \
posting of the information is dated 13 Dec 1994.  If anyone knows of any updates to \
this listing, I would be interested in them.  Thanks .... Bobt
> Bob Thornton            |   Schreiber foods, Inc.      |
> Network Administrator   |   P.O. Box 19010             |
> Email: bobt@netnet.net  |   Green Bay, Wi.  54307-9010 |
> > Phone: (414) 437-7601      |

ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager Version 1 Release 2 Level 0.5        B-187
by IBM Storage Systems Division 13 DEC 1994
Faxback Document ID #19814
The Novell Labs Faxback can be reached at (801) 429-2776 or (800) 414-LABS.

Tested and Approved compatible as a Backup System with the following Novell products:
NetWare (v4.10) NetWare 4.10 Target Service Agent (4.03)
NetWare (v3.11) NetWare 3.12 Target Service Agent (4.02f)
NetWare (v3.12) NetWare 3.1x SMS Data Requestor (4.02c)
NetWare 4.0 Target Service Agent (4.02f)
NetWare Directory Target Service Agent (v4.10)
NetWare 3.11 Target Service Agent (4.02f)

Test Configuration:
Product/Model/Rev:      ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager Version 1 Release 2 Level \
0.5 Storage Device:         OS/2 Server v2.11
Vendor Software:        DSMC.NLM v1.2o
                        ACPWSRVS.NLM
                        ACPWTCPS.NLM
                        ACPWSAAS.NLM

Configuration Notes:
See N-151 for additional certification information.

If you use TCP/IP IBM recomends that you use v2.02m or above.

Novell Labs recommends that the Target Service Agents (TSAs) and Storage Management \
Data Requesters (SMDRs) be upgraded to the latest release when running any product \
that uses Novell's Storage Management System (SMS) technology. These can be found on \
Novell's NetWire forum on CompuServe and at the Novell ftp site, ftp.novell.com.
Vendor Product Description:
ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager (ADSM) is an enterprise storage management \
solution providing storage management services to customers in a multivendor computer \
environment. ADSM allows AS/400, OS/2, MVS, VM, or an AIX host to act as a file \
backup and archive server for LANs or direct-attached workstations and fileservers. \
ADSM fully supports Novell's SMS (Storage Management Services) technology for NetWare \
server backup and restore.
The term Tested and Approved applies only to the exact configuration documented in \
this bulletin. For more information regarding the specific test configuration, please \
contact: IBM Storage Systems Division
5600 Cottle Road
San Jose, CA  95193
(408)281-5700