List:       adsm-l
Subject:    PC-NFS unusable
From:       "Pete Tanenhaus, ADSM Client Development" <pt () VNET ! IBM ! COM>
Date:       1995-08-30 13:30:47

The DOS client won't work because it requires a particular stacks realmode
socket library to be statically linked in, and we we currently only support
IBM TCP/IP and FTP Software TCP/IP stacks.

The Windows client dynamically loads the socket library from a DLL (Winsock),
so in theory any stack which implements Winsock should work, but past
experiences have indicated that many stacks require special customization/
configuration of Windows/DOS or the stack itself in order to work correctly.

We have not tested PC/NFS so I can't comment as to what type of special
configuration may be required for that particular stack.

Pete Tanenhaus
ADSM Development
Subject:      PC-NFS not usable?