List:       activemq-users
Subject:    Re: Lost messages.
From:       Tim Bain <tbain () alumni ! duke ! edu>
Date:       2017-11-26 3:03:40

On Nov 24, 2017 2:53 PM, "dfco21" <aelbadri@hotmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for the update.

I don't have a lot of information on the Sevice Cloud consumer, it's a
third-party application and the access is very limited.

This sounds like it will make it difficult for you to troubleshoot the
behavior you're seeing. If that Service Cloud consumer turns out to be the
origin of the unexpected consumer on the topic, you'll probably need to
figure out a way to get answers. Maybe that takes a phone call to the right
person, maybe it takes your company buying a support contract with them,
maybe it takes something else. But first you need to use the approach I
described earlier to figure out who is the origin of the unexpected
consumer.

I tried to mimic the process in a development environment and I saw an
ActiveMQ.DLQ queue consuming messages I sent to a Queue.

No, DLQs don't consume messages, they receive them when a consumer tries to
consume the messages and fails (or under certain configurations, when
messages expire or consumers are slow, but you have to explicitly enable
that configuration and you've not said anything that indicates that you've
done that so I don't think that's what's going on).

If messages are going into your DLQ, you need to figure out who your
consumers are and why some or all of them are failing to consume your
messages.

So yes, it explains your issue, with the same explanation I gave you in my
previous response: your messages are being consumed by those two consumers,
and if you're only expecting one then you need to figure out what the
second one is and get rid of it.

Could it be an explanation of my issue.

Thanks, AEB