List:       activemq-users
Subject:    Re: question for users of NFS master/slave setups
From:       artnaseef <art () artnaseef ! com>
Date:       2016-02-29 4:43:08

64GB is a very large server in my experience.  Many use-cases do not require
this much memory, although some do.  In fact, I've seen 2GB servers perform
very well - again, for specific use-cases.

As far as swapping - most Linux servers I've seen in the last 5 years
(longer really) are configured without swap.  That tends to be a wise thing
as swapping can cause tremendous performance problems for any server.

Tuning the size of the JVM heap is important and valuable here too,
especially on a server that has swapping enabled.

One fairly generic piece of advice I tend to give on this front - keep
ActiveMQ on a dedicated server (i.e. don't run it on the same server as
application software or other services, such as Cassandra).

Hope this helps!