List:       activemq-users
Subject:    Re: ActiveMQ exits on startup with UTFDataFormatException: bad string
From:       Tim Bain <tbain () alumni ! duke ! edu>
Date:       2015-09-23 13:40:38

I was hoping that one of the devs (Gary, Tim, Art, etc.) would jump into
this discussion, but since they didn't, please submit a JIRA bug to bring
this issue to their attention.  If the problem is that the OpenWire
versions aren't backwards-compatible, that's either a bug (I was under the
impression that OpenWire was consciously intended to always be
backwards-compatible) or a design change that should have been called out
overtly in the release notes and wasn't.  Submit a bug and someone will
figure out which situation it was and work on a fix.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Tim