List:       activemq-users
Subject:    broker cluster node failure recovery
From:       jonb <jburford () solekai ! com>
Date:       2014-10-31 3:08:08

I have a network of several brokers where a couple nodes are producers to one
queue and a couple of nodes are consumers on this same queue.  We are
testing high availability and in doing so pull the network cable on one of
the consumers.  While this is happening there is a steady message rate on
this queue of about 100 messages per second.  When the cable is pulled,
shortly after some messages queue up on the producer nodes up to 60 seconds
and then about 60 seconds after the network cable is pulled, all these
queued messages rush to the consumers nodes where they are processed in a
burst.  Then the system normalizes and all seems to function fine/normally
without the lost consumer.  Is there any way to shrink this time down to
something shorter like, say, 5 seconds?  If so, what parameter(s) can/should
I tweak?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have!

FYI - we statically network brokers in the activemq.xml config file like so:

    <networkConnector
uri="static:(tcp://producer1:61616,tcp://producer2:61616,tcp://consumer1:61616,tcp://consumer2:61616)"/>