List:       activemq-users
Subject:    Re: pure master/slave question - console of slave shows many pending msgs
From:       Torsten Mielke <torsten () fusesource ! com>
Date:       2012-10-31 19:36:13

Hello Mike,

5.5.1 or later should not have these problems with pure master/slave setup.
I can also confirm that 5.5.1 and later versions work correctly with JDBC and shared \
file system master/slave.  So if somehow possible you should upgrade to the latest \
version. There anyway won't be any bug fixes done on the 5.3 5.4 and 5.5 branches at \
Apache.

The HA and Failover features have been hardened a lot since 5.3.

On the technical side:

> > > Mostly, I want assurance that the slave is not continuing to store messages \
> > > that were consumed/acknowledged from the master. (In other words, should the \
> > > master fail, then clients aren't going to get a bunch of duplicate messages...)

You can verify by taking a copy of the persistence adapter and start an isolated \
broker using that copy. Then check the brokers JMX statistics and try to browse the \
messages. On 5.3 I personally could not give you the assurance you are asking for.

Best Regards,

Torsten Mielke
torsten@fusesource.com
tmielke.blogspot.com