List:       activemq-users
Subject:    RE: Redelivery policy broken in 5.7.0
From:       darren <darren () ontrenet ! com>
Date:       2012-10-26 19:56:05

[Attachment #2 (text/plain)]

Cuz its broke...

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphonechudak <meadandale@gmail.com> wrote:I \
have an existing RedeliveryPolicy configured thusly:

<bean id="activeMQRedeliveryPolicy"
class="org.apache.activemq.RedeliveryPolicy">
    <property name="initialRedeliveryDelay"
value="${jms.queue.redelivery-policy.initial.redelivery.delay}"/>
    <property name="maximumRedeliveries"
value="${jms.queue.redelivery-policy.max.redeliveries}"/>
    <property name="useExponentialBackOff"
value="${jms.queue.redelivery-policy.exponential.backoff}"/>
    <property name="backOffMultiplier"
value="${jms.queue.redelivery-policy.backoff.multiplier}"/>
  </bean>

This has been working fine up through 5.5.1. Today I upgraded to 5.7.0 and
now my application won't start:

y'; nested exception is
with name 'org.apache.activemq.RedeliveryPolicy#1ae9e9b': Invocation of init
method failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: You
must specify the 'destination' property:

What is this destination property and why must I now set it? I can't find
anything in the documentation. It looks like RedeliveryPolicy has been
changed to extend the class DestinationMapEntry. But the destination is a
required property. The example shows you binding a policy to a destination
via the redeliverypolicymap not with an embedded destination.