List:       activemq-users
Subject:    Re: Upstream throttling and backlog
From:       praveen27 <praveen27 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-08-26 6:09:46

Thanks gary,

In our case we are using kaha-db here is the exact config in broker.xml file

<persistenceAdapter>
                        <kahaDB directory="${activemq.base}/data/kahadb"
                       indexWriteBatchSize="10000"
                        indexCacheSize="100000"
                       enableIndexWriteAsync="true"
                       journalMaxFileLength="128mb"
                     enableJournalDiskSyncs="false"
                     checkpointInterval="1000"
                    maxAsyncJobs="50000"  />
</persistenceAdapter>

We would have expected a drop in throughput may be 30-40%, but not 90%. The
file system that the kaha db directory is pointing to is fairly beefy raid10
local disks.

What we are looking for is a system that achieves high throughput rates
especially under backlog situations. Appreciate if you can provide some
inputs on this.