List:       activemq-users
Subject:    For a particular Queue Consumer is not receiving messages : Is this any Issue with ActiveMQ - 5.2.0
From:       "Nakarikanti, Nageswara" <NNakarikanti () dwd ! IN ! gov>
Date:       2011-02-28 16:58:12

Hi,

ActiveMQ 5.2.0 - PERSISTENT MODE, Windows 2003 Server, Oracle 10

I have successful simple producer and consumer programs I always use for my=
 test.(FYI: I can configure it to change No.Of Producers, No.of Consumers, =
and No.of Messages)

In our application, developers reporting to me of a particular job that it =
is not getting 2 paticular messages from activeMQ to complete the Job Proce=
ss.
Not always but some times.

I saw them pending in ActiveMQ Admin Pages - queue browser.

First test run:

I sent a simple text message "NNP Message" to that same queue, and my consu=
mer is waiting to receive them
Whereas Queue browser is showing them as sent and received but no pending.

Program Output:
	Connection Established :: ID:DWD51075520-3438-1298909628155-1:1

	ActiveMQ Machine : tcp://DWDAPPP05PW:63616
	ActiveMQ Queue : UIMJobQueuePreProdTax
	I AM  :: Thread-5

	Consumer STARTED
	Sending Message - 1
	Sending Message - 2
	Sending Message - 3

Second test run:

Same Program, Same Active MQ, But I sent to "different queue" now. Successf=
ully Received those Messages

	Connection Established :: ID:DWD51075520-3767-1298911642514-1:1

	ActiveMQ Machine : tcp://DWDAPPP05PW:63616
	ActiveMQ Queue : TestTestTestQ

	I AM  :: Thread-5

	Consumer STARTED
	Sending Message - 1
	Sending Message - 2

	FOUND SOME MESSAGE - 1

	I AM ::Thread-7   Received NNP Message - 1

	FOUND SOME MESSAGE - 1

	I AM ::Thread-7   Received NNP Message - 2

	FOUND SOME MESSAGE - 1

	I AM ::Thread-7   Received NNP Message - 3
	Sending Message - 3

This is really giving us a big problem, as that job is very crucial to be c=
ompleted in time, and due to this problem it is keep on waiting.

I can not suspect their consumer program OR their JMS type of that message,=
 as the same thing is happening to my message and program.

I am attaching the ActiveMQ Log snippet, My Testing Programs, Please analys=
e it and help me, I am clue less and very urgent.

Thank You,
Nageswara P Nakarikanti.=