List:       activemq-users
Subject:    Fwd: EOFException in ActiveMQ 4.1.2
From:       Ivan <xhhsld () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-12-21 9:29:47

Forgot to cc activemq user list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ivan <xhhsld@gmail.com>
Date: 2010/12/21
Subject: Re: EOFException in ActiveMQ 4.1.2
To: dev@geronimo.apache.org

Finally, I found the codes caused this, it is related to activemq resource
adapter.
In the finally block, connection.close() is called, while at this time, the
wireformat handshake might not finished, closing the client socket might
caused the EOF exception or reset exception on the server side.
Another issue is that, I found that the return value of makeConnection() is
an instance of ActiveMQConnection, not the ActiveMQXAConnection, so it never
returns the XAResource used for transcation recovery.
Thougths ? thanks.
--->
ActiveMQResourceAdapter.java
public XAResource[] getXAResources(ActivationSpec[] activationSpecs) throws
ResourceException {
        Connection connection = null;
        try {
            connection = makeConnection();
            if (connection instanceof XAConnection) {
                XASession session = ((XAConnection)
connection).createXASession();
                XAResource xaResource = session.getXAResource();
                return new XAResource[] { xaResource };
            } else {
                return new XAResource[] {};
            }
        } catch (JMSException e) {
            throw new ResourceException(e);
        } finally {
            try {
                connection.close();
            } catch (Throwable ignore) {
            }
        }
    }
<---

No, you might find those error messages while restarting the deployed

--
Ivan

--
Ivan