List:       activemq-users
Subject:    Re: Google Protocol Buffers release?
From:       Tarjei Huse <tarjei () scanmine ! com>
Date:       2009-12-29 14:46:28

Hi,

Lewisham wrote:

> Hi there,
> I've noticed in the source repo and older conversations
> <http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@activemq.apache.org/msg12502.html> that
> Google Protocol Buffers reached RC3 a while ago, but didn't make it into
> 5.3.0.

AFAIK, 1.0 of the protobuf compiler is released.

Take a look at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-protobuf/tags/activemq-protobuf-1.0/activemq-protobuf-test

If you use maven, the link above contains a pom that has all you need to get
started. Create a .proto file in src/main/proto and run compile. You'll have
the generated classes in target/generated-sources/, which (for me at least)
is found by eclipse after a mvn eclipse:eclipse.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Tarjei