List:       activemq-users
Subject:    Problem configuring Websphere 6
From:       mifflin <ericksn () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-09-28 19:58:01

I'm trying to configure a Websphere 6 "Generic JMS Provider"  with no luck.

Active MQ broker started with a queue created called : test.erick
This queue can be seen via http://localhost:8161/admin/queues.jsp
Messages can be 'Sent To' and 'Purged' through this web interface.

Using
    IBM Rational Software Development Platform
        Version: 6.0.1
        Build id: 20050725_1800
    and started local test server and ran Administrative Console.

Under Resources > JMS Providers > Generic

I created a new "Generic messaging provider" with scope Server

Scope = cells:localhost:nodes:localhost:servers:server1
Name = activemq
Class path = ${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}/lib/ext/activemq-all-5.2.0.jar *
External inital context factory =
org.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQWASInitialContextFactory
External provider URL =  tcp://localhost:61616
Custom properties:
    (none)

* I've placed jar in this directory

Under this new Generic entry I have created these entries:

JMS connection factories
    Name = ActivemqConnectionFactory1
    Type = QUEUE
    JNDI name = ActivemqConnectionFactory
    External JNDI name = connectionFactory
    Component-managed authentication alias = (none)
    Container-managed authentication alias = (none)
    Mapping-configuration alias = (DefaultPrincipleMapping)
    Custom properties:
        connectionFactoryNames = connectionFactory

JMS destinations
    Name = ActiveMQDest1
    Type = QUEUE
    JNDI name = ActiveMQerick
    External JNDI name = erick
    Custom properties:
        queue.erick = test.erick

When I run my program I cannot lookup the connection factory...

    Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
ActivemqConnectionFactory
	    at
org.apache.activemq.jndi.ReadOnlyContext.lookup(ReadOnlyContext.java:225)
	    at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
	    at com.hds.ActiveMQ.main(ActiveMQ.java:44)

Where am I going wrong with my configuration?