List:       activemq-users
Subject:    Re: Service discovery over WAN
From:       "James Strachan" <james.strachan () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-09-27 10:57:55

On 9/27/06, longshort <qiming_he@freddiemac.com> wrote:

> Does activemq currently support Rendezvous 2 which was introduced last year
> to enable service disocvery over WAN (through firewall)? If not, is that in
> any roadmap for next release?

FWIW its pretty easy to plugin your own discovery mechanism.

Currently Rendezvous / Bonjour / Zeroconf is supported via jmdns
http://jmdns.sourceforge.net/

if that ever supports Rendezvous 2 then we'd also get it for free.

FWIW I like the idea of using LDAP for discovery as folks can cluster
LDAP servers to no single point of failure and there's lots of LDAP
tooling available etc.

--

James
-------